Sunday, May 4, 2008

I'm Back!


I took a month off due to some deep anti-food issues I was having. I love food! Sadly, for a short time food was not loving me. We had a talk... we worked things out. We've reached a compromise. So, I'm BACK!

To kick off this May I thought I would talk about the amazing thing that is the bread pudding made at a restaurant here in Boise called the 8th Street Grill. My husband and I ran a very difficult mountain race and as a surprise congrats my wonderful Aunt and Uncle decided to treat us to a sweet experience. They wanted to take us out for the bread pudding but our schedules never permitted, so it was brought to us. It was better in home anyhow, so that we could loudly ooooo and awwwe!

For eight dollars they make a huge brick of bread filled with everything you could think to put in bread.... chocolate, raisins, banana, nuts and all drizzled over with a rich caramel hard sauce. Yum! If ever in Boise I suggest this. This dessert is seasonal so it is on it's way out. Hopefully it will be back next fall!

No comments: