Saturday, March 8, 2008

Chocolate chocolate chocolate!


It's another birthday in the family. My aunt Kathleen is turning 65 and we are getting together to celebrate. I make Kathleen a stately cake with just enough whimsy, much like her own personality. I've been getting in to trying to design a cake around a person lately.

For Kathleen we (Albie and I) did a dark chocolate sour cream cake with ganache and cream cheese filling between the two thick layers. I frosted it by myslef as I lost my dear helper to a nap time. I used dark chocolate ganache and a bit of the cream ches filling for a contrast on top. Then I used the "dusted letter" trick that I picked up some months ago from working on a Christy's cake. This time I dusted with dark choc. shavings. It looks pretty enough to eat!

No comments: