Wednesday, March 19, 2008

St Patrick's Day Food

This St. Patrick's Day went by with out much fuss or effort. I did a few things though:

For breakfast we had green eggs w/ basil and bagel with green cream cheese.
I also tried out making corned beef and cabbage with red potatoes. I boiled it per instructions and hated it. SO then I tried it a different way, which was much better: I baked it in a roaster with some mustard seed and some vegis. Carrots and Zucchini, yum! It care out much better, but I realize that the secret to a good corned beef is the same as anything else, get a good cut of meat!!! I guess in Ireland they traditionally eat salt cured pork. It was the American Irish immigrant that adopted Jewish salted beef and created the corned beef we all think of as Irish. I guess we learn something every day.
Also... I learned that I am not a huge fan of corned beef. I do, however, love red cabbage!

No comments: